44th Annual Education Luncheon
For the past 44 years, Farmers Alliance has put on an Education Luncheon to honor
employees’ hard work furthering their education. This year’s luncheon was held on February 15th, 2017. The Guests of Honor were employees who completed IIA/CPCU courses or designations in 2016. Attendees enjoyed a pasta buffet catered by Knackies of McPherson.
Here are some Fun Facts for 2016 Award Year:
- There are currently 40 employees that hold the CPCU designation.
- In 2016, there were 46 employees who sat for 119 IIA/CPCU exams.
- Of those exams 40 employees successfully completed 87 exams.
- Employee-Wide Pass Ratio for 2016: 73%
- 21/46 employees completed at least one designation.
- 38 employees successfully completed an IIA/CPCU course in 2016.
Kelly Kostelnik, Carri Brobst, and Teri Russell shared their education experiences with the group.
Teri Russell had this to say about completing her CPCU.
“I was encouraged on a regular basis to complete my CPCU. I took the hardest classes first, Law and Accounting. With those behind me, you’d think that finishing up would be a breeze, but life is happening all the time. I passed my last exam in May of 2016, and attended the conferment in Hawaii last September. Way beyond the knowledge that I’ve gained, I also gained the sense of accomplishment in completing a tough goal. Whether I will actually use it in my job or not– it will make me a better employee, a better citizen, and a better person.”
President Joe Brossard talked about the partnership with Central Christian College in McPherson, KS. Some of our CPCU recipients teach insurance courses to college students.
Congratulations to all award recipients!