Your home may be the most important investment you ever make. So shouldn’t you be certain you have enough property and personal liability insurance?
• Your home, including additions and built-in components (built-in cabinets, decks, attached garage).
• Unattached structures related to your home — coverage also applies to fences, driveways, sidewalks and other permanently installed outdoor fixtures.
• Your household property owned by or in the care of any insured. There are special limits for some personal property items (money, securities, watercraft, jewelry, etc.) which can be personalized for your specific needs.
• Additional living expenses incurred or loss of rent when a covered loss makes the insured premises unlivable.
• Other specialized coverages are available, such as Lock Replacement, Riding Lawn Mowers & Snowblowers, Refrigerated Food Products and many more. These can be customized to your personal situation, and may even be included at no additional charge.
You’ll hear insurance terms like “named perils” and “causes of loss”. There are two options:
1. The most-often selected Special Form covers your home and related structures from any cause of loss that is not specifically excluded.
2. The Broad Form is less common, and will cover your property from only the causes of loss specified in your policy.
Your Farmers Alliance agent can provide more information to help you choose what’s right for you.
In addition to our Homeowners Policy, we have several other options available:
COUNTRY HOME — A special version of the Homeowners policy, our Country Home, is designed for hobby farmers or rural living, where additional farm-related coverages are needed.
RENTERS POLICY (Contents Coverage) – We can help if you are renting your home or apartment by providing coverage for Personal Property and loss of use caused by the same perils as listed under the Broad Form on our Homeowners policy.
DWELLING FIRE – Landlord? We can provide coverage for your rental properties, up to 10 units. You choose Broad or Special Form coverage, or coverage for fire and lightning only.
CONDOMINIUMS – Condo-owners coverage varies from a typical homeowners policy. Coverage is only provided for items owned by the insured, including alterations, appliances, fixtures and improvements which are part of the building, subject to Broad Form causes of loss. Coverage does not apply to land.
HOMEOWNERS & COUNTRY HOME DISCOUNTS:
– New Home (not for Renters Policies)
– Protective Device
– Hail-Resistive Roof (not Renters Policies)
– No Wood Burning Fireplace or Supplemental Heating Device
– Empty Nest
DWELLING FIRE DISCOUNTS:
– New Home (through 14 years)
– Hail-Resistive Roof Surfacing
Your Farmers Alliance agent is the best source of information regarding these coverages. Talk with them about your specific situation, and they’ll know just what you need!